Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Cake

For those of you who don't know, I read tons of blogs -- mostly cooking and baking blogs (Yes, I do realize the irony in the fact that I don't really cook. My obsession with the Food Network is also ironic.) and some mommy blogs too. There is so much out there that really inspires me. I wish I had half of the artistic talent and abilities as some of these bakers. Recently, I was blown away by this cake from I am Baker. It's so beautiful and looks difficult, yet simple. Since we were snowed in AGAIN today, my princess pastry chef assistant and I decided to attempt to make it. I will confess that I used a box mix for the cake (I couldn't find a cake recipe that I wanted to make.). But, the buttercream is 100% homemade.

Our Finished Cake!  

Although the cake doesn't look exactly like the picture we were trying to follow, we are happy with the results. I will be investing in a larger offset spatula soon.

2 comments:

  1. I am SO proud of you. I love that you tried something new, and LOVE that the kids were in the kitchen with you, and LOVE the cake! Its wonderful. You done good girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Amanda!! Your comment means so much since you are an amazingly talented baker!!!!

    ReplyDelete