Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow Much Fun!!!

Yesterday all of the meteorologists were predicting tons of snow for today. In fact, according to many of my teacher Facebook friends, lots of school districts all over the county and beyond had snow days today -- and the districts notified them last night! So, in preparation, I checked out some movies and a new book from the library, hit Shop Rite for a few things and tried to make arrangements to have our driveway plowed since my husband is away.

When we woke up today and looked outside, we realized that we only got about 5 or 6 inches, not the massive snowfall that was predicted. Our street looked icy, so I canceled the small playdate I had planned. I finally reached the landscaper and made arrangements to have his crew stop by to plow the driveway and shovel our front walk. Claire and I hung out inside in our nightgowns, cleaning, organizing and watching tv until around 3:00 when we suited up and went outside to enjoy the snow.

First we did a little snow painting. We had fun making masterpieces in the snow.

Next, we went over to the hill next to our house and Claire climbed up and sledded down it many, many times.

After throwing a few snowballs at Daddy's truck, we went inside because we were both freezing. We made pizza for dinner. Claire loved helping by "painting" the sauce on the pizza crust using a silicone brush and sprinkling cheese on top. It was delish!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous! We didn't get any snow even though they said we would =o( They're always wrong.

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Coxinha is one of my favorite foods. I'm going to try to make that next!

    ReplyDelete