Afterwards, we drove over to a hotel where we had reservations for the night. My parents joined us because, as my dad told my mom, "I want to go swimming with Claire." So, we quickly changed, then headed for the pool. Apparently, our idea was not original. There were TONS of people in the pool. A few groups of friends/families clustered around the pool deck eating pizza and drinking, while their kids swam in the pool. It was slightly disappointing that the pool area was so crowded at first, but then, after we were in the pool for a little while, the crowd started to thin out. Claire had a blast jumping in, diving and doing cannonballs, in addition to showing off her strong swimming skills. We even spent some time in the hot tub.
A little before 9:30, we decided to return to the room and get ready for bed. My parents headed home. We got into bed and put on Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve. My husband fell asleep as soon as his head landed on the pillow. Claire and I were still awake, so I figured I'd see how long she'd stay up. At one point, Train came on the tv and sang their hit "Soul Sister." Claire tried to wake my husband up to tell him because she thinks it's his favorite song because it's plays on the XM Radio in his car constantly. It was very sweet.
| Happy New Year!!! |
We're looking forward to a terrific 2011!

No comments:
Post a Comment