Powered By Blogger

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Our Beach Club


When I was a little girl we spent our summer days (and some evenings) at the town pool which was right around the corner from our house. We'd pack up our stuff and walk to the pool or my mom would drive us in her sweet Volvo station wagon. Spending our summers at the pool was our thing. I have so many memories of hanging out at the pool with my friends and our family friends. Wing dings. Swim lessons. Mr. McKeown. Penny candy. Fun Dip. Swim Team. "The next 10 minutes will be an adult swim." I could go on and on...

I want Claire to have similar happy outdoor summer experiences. It took me a while, but I finally found a club to join (Our town out in the country does not have a town pool.). We ended up joining a little beach club on the largest lake in New Jersey. The club has a nice beach area with three kiddie slides and some playground equipment. Sadly, we only ended up going a handful of times, but we had a lot of fun each of those times, especially when we met friends there or brought friends with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment