Claire says some really funny things!
The other day, I overheard this conversation...
Daddy: What's the difference between Henry and Izzy? [our male and female cats]
Claire: Balls.
My husband and I were laughing hysterically! I tried to get her to explain and the only thing I really understood was a reference to dry cat food (balls) and wet cat food. Or, maybe I just accepted that answer because I didn't want to address the anatomical differences between the cats.
**********
Last week, we went to church for a funeral service. I was worried that Claire wouldn't make it through the whole service. We walked in, sat down in a pew, then Claire said, "Mommy, I want to go up and play the drums on the stage." I looked up and saw that there was, indeed, a complete drum set up on the altar. Thankfully, she didn't push the issue when I explained that we weren't allowed to play the drums. She kept herself busy drawing pictures on a pad of post it notes I had in my purse. She even drew one of the "lady" aka the minister, which she gave to her after the service. Everyone was very impressed at how well Claire behaved at church.
**********
It's also really entertaining to listen to Claire singing along to Laurie Berkner (more on her later) or playing with her dolls using our trusty baby monitor. Inevitably in every conversation, at least one of the dolls (Barbies, Disney Princesses, etc.) sounds exactly like me! : )

No comments:
Post a Comment