To mark the occasion, we tied five helium balloons to the railing in our upstairs hallway knowing that Claire would see them when she came out of her room first thing in the morning. She did, but she wasn't as excited or as impressed as I thought she would be. "What are all these balloons for?" was the first thing she said. Shortly thereafter, she wanted to go downstairs to see what was there. I explained that there wasn't anything special there for her birthday and that the Easter Bunny hadn't come back and left things for her birthday. : )
After serving the birthday girl's breakfast, I got started making birthday cake cookies for Claire's school birthday celebration on Tuesday. It, literally, took me the whole morning! I did take a break for a few minutes to watch Claire open her gifts. She loved them all!
Later we went to the grocery store where Claire got to choose her own birthday cake. She chose an ice cream cake (Like mother, like daughter.). I told her that she could choose the restaurant where we ate lunch since it was her birthday. Naturally, she chose Frank's Pizza so we feasted on pizza and Coke for her special birthday lunch.
| Note the velvet dress Claire is wearing. She chose it after being told she could wear whatever she wanted on her birthday. She has been dying to wear this dress since she wore it for Christmas! |
We spent the late afternoon at soccer practice. Claire was excited to play, although she was extremely tired and hot as evidenced by her frequent trips to the sideline for water and girl talk.
The end of Claire's birthday was marked by me singing happy birthday to her (Her daddy was on his way home from work.). She waited patiently before making a wish and blowing out all five candles. Claire thoroughly enjoyed her slice of ice cream cake before brushing her teeth and going to bed. I think she had a great day!

No comments:
Post a Comment