Powered By Blogger

Friday, October 28, 2011

Flour Power

We make our own pizza dough and pizza from scratch on a regular basis. My little sous chef always likes to help make the dough, then paint the tomato sauce on the pizza and sprinkle cheese on top. Often, while the dough is being mixed or rising, Claire asks to play with a small bowl of flour. She likes the feel of it. Since I didn't provide her with all of the sensory experiences I learned about during my undergrad studies in Early Childhood Development and Education, I indulge her.

Today was no different. I gave her a small bowl full of flour and she sat down with it and began to play. I had a few things to do upstairs, so I left Claire playing happily with her flour (Who needs toys?!). A little while later I returned to the kitchen to find this:

No comments:

Post a Comment