Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Kindergarten Prep

I always get excited around this time of year. As a "former" teacher, seeing all of the school supplies on sale in stores, the Back to School clothing sales and thinking about the start of the new school year is always exciting. Of course, I always mourn the end of summer, but the start of the school year is something I've experienced my whole life in different capacities. First, as a student myself and later as a teacher. This year, with Claire starting kindergarten, it's been a whole new experience as a parent. I can't put it into words, it's just been a different experience than any other year.

We received a letter from the elementary school explaining who Claire's teacher is and inviting us to visit the school to see her classroom. We eagerly waited until the day arrived, then headed to the school enthusiastically. Mrs. C. was there to greet us and tell us a few things about kindergarten. Claire looked around the classroom and found her cubby. I was able to tell the teacher a few things I needed to tell her about Claire. It was a great visit and it only made Claire more excited to start kindergarten.
The day before school started was the perfect time to take Claire for a pre-kindergarten mani-pedi. She chose purple nail polish for her fingers (to match her first day of school dress) and pink nail polish for her toes. She loved being pampered before her stressful school life was about to begin! : )
We finished our pre-kindergarten activities by going out to dinner with friends. 
Kindergarten, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment