Aaarrrrrrrghhhh, maties!! |
Today was Claire's End of the Year party at school. The kids voted on the theme and the pirate theme won (Claire's vote was for a jungle party and she insisted that her party was going to be a jungle party because that's what she voted for. She doesn't get the idea of democracy yet.).
As soon as I heard the theme, I knew I had to make this pirate skirt I saw on a blog. It looked so cute and easy enough for me to whip up. The result was nothing short of completely adorable if I do say so myself! And it only cost $3 (for 3 bandanas)!
Oliver and Claire rockin' their pirate outfits |
The kids had cookies, munchkins, chips and an awesome pirate ship fruit salad. We signed up to bring juice. To keep with the theme, we magically turned it into pirate juice.
Claire's graduation is next week. I signed her up for school until next Friday to kind of finish out the month before we have some other activities planned. I am very sad about ending our three-day-a-week relationship with Claire's school. She has been there since she was almost 2 1/2. The director has seen me through being a guilt-ridden working mom to a stay-at-home mom who is super-involved (and much more relaxed!). She, and all of the teachers Claire has had over the years, have all been fabulous. Fab.u.lous!! Claire has learned so much from them. I really couldn't have chosen a better school for her.
Claire with one of her teachers, Mrs. Parul |

No comments:
Post a Comment